WHAT USHSLA DOES FOR ITS MEMBERS
- We provide a voice in Washington.
- Source of information on international developments affecting US hides.
- Advice on new market opportunities and trade policy.
- Market Development activites overseas.
- Testing lab recommendations to help resolve trade disputes.
- Assistance to USDA Hide Research Facility in Pennsylvania lobbying to get USDA funding.
- USHSLA is the only organization that specifically focuses on the issues and concerns of U.S. hides and skins exporters.
Dues are based on volume of hides per week, averaged over one year, and are determined annually by the USHSLA Board of Directors. Hides included are cattle hides, calf and kip skins, pigskins, sheepskins, sheep pelts, and wet blues. Each is weighted equally in determining the volume.
For additional information, see our USHSLA Membership Application.
If you are currently a USHSLA member and would like to update your contact information, please see our member update form.